how to find best laptop for programming and gaming


The Best Laptop For Programming 2020



About Me:



Hi, beautiful reader, I completed my MCA back in 2017 currently working as a programmer. during my college days, I wondered which laptop is good for gaming, which is good for programming and list goes on and in those days I made a lot of mistakes while buying and regretted after that.

so by learning from my past mistakes, I made a checklist to buy the best laptops below I provided as much as knowledge I can. To help you people finding the best suitable laptop for you. 

so let's get straight to it...



what exactly I want



#1. I want a reliable and long-lasting device.



I would see these two things:

Battery -  no one wants a laptop which shut-down after a short run like 2/3 hrs so a good practice here is to look at the rating of the battery in watt-hours(WH) or milliamp-hours(mAh).the  larger these figures are the longer the battery lasts.

 Screen -  since you're a programmer you have to stare your screen longer then normal people do so you have to ensure that a blue light protector already installed in your laptop to protect your eyes from adverse effects.

the second thing you should consider is the screen size the bigger the screen size is the greater the power consumption so choose accordingly. 



#2. I want a laptop which is fast and I wouldn't experience any lag in it.

I consider these things:

CPU -  there are two chip big manufacturer giants out there namely intel and AMD I personally prefer intel so in intel we have Core i3,i5,i7

note*  a programmer can use any of these

1. the i7 cost you around 40k-1L( buy if you're a heavy gamer )
2. the i5 cost you around 30k-60k (for normal gamer & heavy apps)
3. the i3 cost you around 20k-40k.(for normal user and programmer)

so, choose one according to your budget.


RAM -  in old times you saw laptops with 4gb of ram work fine but nowadays the scenario changes because today apps are consuming more resources so to manage them plus to get a lag-free experience you should consider 4gb only if it is DDR4 otherwise go for 8gb of minimum ram and 32gb for heavy gamers to smoothen the gameplay.


#3. My laptop should have a decent build quality:



Size -  today laptops are available in different sizes like 11.6/13.3/15.6/17.3 inches but you should note here you're
programmers and so you have to carry your laptop at different places from programming at home to show a presentation at college/office.

so keep in mind not to buy heavy gigantic lapee weight around 10kg at first it looks cool but while traveling you feel the pain. 


Keyboard -  being a programmer you'll have long typing sessions you'll need to get a laptop in which you don't have to go for hunting down the keys, it shouldn't be noisy and there is a proper palm rest to reduce pain while typing.



#4. Can hold all of my data 



Storage -  hard drives now days have a great storing capacity ranging from 1Tb(terabyte) to 1EB(exabyte). so you can store pretty much anything without worry about insufficient storage.


SSD -  SSD(solid-state drive) on the other hand is faster than a hard drive and also produces less noise SSD came in 128/256/512gb but cost more than 1tb or 2tb hard drive.

my personal preference would be an SSD than a hard drive but nowadays some laptops offer a combination of both SSD for system installation and hard drive for storage which is a greater concept but it eventually increases your budget.



#List of Best laptops handpicked by me:



Programming(i3):


Gaming/programming(i5):



Heavy gaming/heavy programming(i7):




Thanks!!! for Visiting Asap1trends 😀😀

0 Reviews:

Post a Comment